Monday, September 1, 2008

MY THOUGHTS

I hope to learn about all this new technology and its applications by completing this course. I have heard of all these tools - blogs, wikis, ..... - but have never used them. I definitely want to keep up with technology and its advances and this seems like an ideal way to do it. I'm hoping that this will show ways that these tools can be incorporated into the library world with real life examples to provide inspiration.

I believe that we learn all our lives and should always be ready to investigate new things. I am also studying a masters in information and library studies so I feel this program will compliment my studying.

I still haven't really thought about useful applications for blogs. I am sure there are definite uses for them, both for library staff use and for contact with clients. The blogs can be used to provide information to the clients of the library and are very interactive and friendly, so hopefully they will appeal to the younger customers, as well as the older ones.

I still feel strange writing this and knowing that it will be posted on the internet for anyone to read - I think maybe it's a generational thing.

No comments: