Sunday, November 29, 2009

Delicious

I have been using Delicious quite a lot in recent months as a handy reference tool for my job. Every time I handle a reference query and find a particular good website (making sure I've checked authenticity, currency, accuracy and such) I add it to my delicious page and tag it. I have also created tag bundles that put together web resources on the same topic. I have found it really useful, much more so than 'Favorites' on IE as I'm able to assign several tags and also write a short description highlighting the main resources on the website. I have also given out the address so other staff at the library can access it and add to it. I think it's a great tool.

I don't use any of the other tools - I probably should explore them more - but love it as a really handy reference resource. If you want to check it out, click here.

I've added the tagroll text here so it will be interesting to see if it works?!?!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It certainly looks like you are using delicious a lot.

Ellen